SKI MOBILE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EQUIPMENT RENTAL
– And our answers to your questions –
Ski Mobile accept bookings up to 24hrs prior to a clients arrival in resort. For any bookings under 24hrs (i.e. Last Minute) please telephone us directly. However, during very busy, peak season periods, we may have to stop taking bookings due to the amount of prebooked rentals already in the system. If this occurs, potential online clients will be informed of the situation via our booking page.
Geographic area covered by Ski Mobile: Morzine, Les Gets, Essert Romand, Essert la Pierre, St Jean d’Aulps, Mont d’Evian, Seytroux, and La Cote d’Arbroz. Please contact us directly if you are staying outside of these zones and we will do our best to accommodate you. We cover all our professional partner accommodation regardless of location.
The rental booking is confirmed once the client receives the Ski Mobile Booking Reservation email. The client is responsible for ensuring that all information supplied to Ski Mobile at the time of booking is accurate. Please verify that all the information is correct and inform Ski Mobile, prior to arrival, if an error has occured. If your travel details change please keep us informed.
Information given by the lead party must be correct as it will be this information that Ski Mobile will use to prepare the equipment.
If clients are bringing their own ski boots we request that they give us their boot sole size, so as we can pre adjust the skiis prior to delivery. The ski boot sole size is always in milimeters, and is generally located on the exterior heel area of the boot. For any further info regarding the boot sole size, simply contact us directly and we will happilly explain the whereabouts of this mysterious number on your boot!
We request that the lead party client print out a copy of their Booking Reservation email, and that they present this to the Ski Mobile technician upon delivery of the equipment.
Delayed arrivals: in the case where clients are delayed in getting to their holiday destination, we kindly request that they contact us to inform us of the delay so as we can
reorganise their rental equipment delivery to suit their new arrival time.
Ski delivery drop, and collect, policy:
Ski Mobile provides a “travelling” ski shop service. Our rental shops are our vans. We come directly to your holiday address. Clients staying in chalets – we would be very grateful if you could do your best to ensure that the driveway is kept accessible so as we can park right next to your chalet. We are legally not allowed to operate (i.e. rent out equipment) in a public car park or “on the side of the road” as this is considered to be operating “in the public domain”.
Payment – full payment is taken on delivery of equipment to clients in resort. Clients may pay with cash or by debit/credit cards. Ski Mobile accepts VISA and Mastercard only. Unfortunately, we do not accept AMEX.
Pricing is based on your “On Snow” date, and your “Pick Up” date. For a half days hire the pricing periods run from 08h00 – 13h00, and from 13h00 – 17h30.
The rental “contract”/period begins upon delivery by Ski Mobile, and reception by the client, of the prebookked material. Delivery of the rental material is organised around the arival date and resort arrival time that is provided to us by the client in the Booking Reservation. The client wll have given this information at the time of making the order.
The rental “contract”/period ends upon collection , and handing over by the client, of the prebookked material to a Ski Mobile technician.
The client remains fully responsible for the rental material throughout the entirety of the rental period.
In the case of ski mobile rental equipment being lost, damaged, mislaid, stolen etc. during the transport of ski mobile equipment by a third party (i.e. Chalet company, and chalet vehicle etc.) the client to whom the ski mobile equipment was rented remains responsible for the ski mobile equipment.
The rental equipment is specifically prepared to suit a particular client profile, according to the information as entered by the lead party person, at the time of reservation, into the SKI MOBILE order form. The equipment must not be loaned or rented to another third party member. Ski mobile accepts no responsability for the misappropriation of the rental equipment by the client during the rental period.
Ski Mobile provide their clients with fully serviced material, all of which will have been professionally prepared. The equipment is ready for use by the client upon delivery. Ski Mobile expects to recouperate the equipment at the end of the rental period in a condition that reflects proper use of the material. Ski Mobile allows for a certain amount of wear and tear as appropriate to the proper, and normal use, of the equipment by the client.
Problems with equipment during your stay: If you have any problems with the equipment during your stay simply give us a quick call and we will come back to your accommodation and sort the problem out. We will come directly to your accommodation either in the evening after you return from your days skiing, or early the following morning prior to you leaving to ski for the day. Our phone number is on all our skis and boots.
Clients who wish to ski/snowboard an extra day(s) must request this during their stay, or at delivery, so we can check availability. During peak periods we may not be able to prolong the rental period. These periods generally cover the Christmas and New Year holidays, Half Term holidays and Easter holiday periods. However, we will always do our utmost to cater for all demands.
Cancellation and Refund policy/Returning Equipment earlier then stated in original order: as no monies are taken in advance, this only applies to clients who are renting equipment during their stay and who then decide to return the equipment prior to the originally agreed returrn date/time. We issue a full refund to all clients, less an admin fee of 2€/day/adult, and 1€/day for kids. If the client has already taken the waranty then there is nothing to pay.
All Ski Mobile equipment is clearly marked with at least one heavy-resistance Ski Mobile, logoed sticker containing a contact telephone number for Ski Mobile,. There is also a Ski Mobile reference number on the equipment. All rental equipment must be returned with these markings still on them. Ski Mobile will not accept equipment with markings belonging to another rental company. If this does occurs the client will be charged the cost price to replace the missing Ski Mobile equipment. Equipment belonging to another private individual, or another rental company can not be exchanged against the missing Ski Mobile material. The client is wholly responsible for any equipment “mix-ups” which may occur during the rental period.
Ski Mobile offer all their clients the option of paying for a Warranty. The warranty costs 2€ per day, per adult (over 15 years of age), and 1€ per day, per child (under 15 years of age), and can be selected at the time of booking.The warranty covers various circumstances as listed below:
- Damage caused to equipment under normal circumstances and use. Normal circumstances means damage that occurs on clearly marked on-piste areas.
- The returning of the rental equipment prior to the agreed return date, with a full refund of the days not skiied. The warranty amount covers this.
The warranty does not cover:
- Broken, or lost ski poles. This must be paid for by the client. The tariff applied is as follows: 15€ for adult/child aluminium ski poles; 20€ for “fibre composite” ski poles (the flexible ones)
- The warranty does not cover lost or stolen equipment.
Clients are personally responsible for ensuring that all equipment is returned to Ski Mobile at the end of the agreed rental period.
Ski Mobile collect the material directly from the client at the accomodation address as stated on the Booking Reservation email. In general Ski Mobile collect the equipment from 17h30 onwards each evening.
Ski Mobile encourages clients to contact Ski mobile by telephone to organise the pick up if they would like to set a specific collection time.
Theft, loss and damage of equipment during the rental period:
- Lost or stolen equipment must be replaced by the client. The price is based on the cost to replace the material. Clients will not be asked to pay the full high-street retail price, but rather the price that Ski Mobile itself will have to pay to replace the material, or the residual price of the equipment. Residual price = where the equipment is over a year old etc. the value diminishes and it is this residual value that the client will be requested to pay.
- Equipment damaged beyond repair and no warranty option taken by the client: the equipment must be replaced by the client.The price is based on the cost to replace the material. Clients will not be asked to pay the full high street retail price, but rather the price that Ski Mobile will have to pay to replace the material.
- Equipment damaged beyond repair with the warranty option taken by the client: if the damage is deemed to have been caused by no fault of the client, and under circumstances considered within “proper use”, or within the clearly marked piste areas, then there is no charge to the client. However if Ski Mobile deem that the damage has been caused due to improper use of the material by the client (example: when skiing off piste) then the client will be asked to pay to replace the equipment. The price is based on the cost to replace the material. Clients will not be asked to pay the full high street retail price, but rather the price that Ski Mobile will have to pay to replace the material.
Corporate / Large Client Groups:
The name given as “Party Leader” on the Booking Reservation is the contact that Ski Mobile will use to communicate with the group throughout the rental period. Skis are collected at 17h30 unless specified otherwise by the party leader prior to the final days skiing/snowboarding. Each member of the group remains individually responsible for their rental material throughout the entirety of the rental period.
Ski Mobile are open for business everyday from
08h00 through to 19h00.
We wish you a great holiday in the french Alps!